Monday, February 23, 2015

Hot or Not? - Hair Primer:
John Frieda Frizz Ease Anti-Frizz Primer vs. Schwarzkopf got2b Anti-Frizz Lotion

Hey guys,

since I've read so many promising things about hair primer I was curious to test one. So I went on the mission to figure out if this stuff is really worth the hype.


I've chosen the John Frieda(*) Frizz Ease Anti-Frizz Primer (100 ml) and I've bought it at the drugstore for 9.95 €.
The product promises the following:
  • direct protection of roughed and frizzed hair 
  • perfect base for long-lasting and even hairstyles
  • making the hair smooth with every application
  • 2x stronger fighting against frizz
  • with coconut-oil and frizz-resistance complex 
I did some research on a defintion of the 'frizz-resistance complex' but I only came up against slogans like '...fighting against frizz with the frizz-resistance complex...' and '...hair will the smoother because of the frizz-resistance complex'. This might be the little secret of the 'Frizz Ease' collection.

Reading all these promises - your hair can only be perfect after using the primer, couldn't it?! ;-)

For applying the primer you put a small amount in your hand and spread it through the wet hair, leaving out the hairline. Afterwards, you can style your hair like usual.

Having heavy and voluminous hair, leaning towards being a little bit frizzy, especially directly after washing it, I was much more excited seeing all these promised effects on my hair.
I've used the primer more than a week and I saw a difference in my hairstyle.

On the one hand, my hair felt much smoother but on the other hand, it has lost its volume and brilliance. It was like having lifeless hair, just hanging from my head creating a completely boring look. After the first use I thought that maybe my hair needs to get used to the primer and that I have to use it more often. So I gave this stuff a second chance, and a third, a fourth...

Unfortunately, my conclusion is that for my hair this product is not the right one. This does not mean that I refuse using a hair primer in general. There are much more primers to test out.
So, I was looking for a good alternative and I've found an anti-frizz lotion of Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Care,  the got2b 'lap cat'(*).
The product (200 ml) also promises to fight against frizz in the hair having additionally a heat protection and a UV-Filter.

The lotion feels very light in my hair. The application is the same like described above. After blow-drying and styling my hair it has still its usual volume and brilliance. I've bought it also at the drugstore for 3.79€.

My conclusion:

For thick and heavy hair I'd recommend the got2b 'lap cat' anti-frizz lotion because of its lightness in the hair. Concerning the John Frieda Frizz Ease Anti-Frizz Primer I'd say that its effect strongly depends on the individual hair structure. Don't be afraid to try it out. John Frieda promises a money-back guarantee if you are not happy with the product.

In general I like using a anti-frizz lotion, because it really lets your hair look much better styled. 

Have you ever used a hair primer? If yes, do you like it or not?

Kisses,
Van

1 comment:

  1. Thak you for the informations. Do you know if I can use curling iron using Got2be and after the hair is dried?

    ReplyDelete