Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Urban Decay Naked 3 Review

Hey guys,

this year at christmas I was a lucky girl - I got the Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette as a gift from my partens. Since summer 2014 the brand is released in Germany and you can buy it at Douglas for around 50 €.

I've read a lot of blog posts of the Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes before, telling that the pigmentation of the different eyeshadow colours is great and that the colours last the whole day. Even without primer the shades might show their true colour. So, let's check it out. ;-)

I own some eyeshadow palettes and until then I was every time a little bit disappointed even because of their lacking pigmentation. So I was more and more excited to get a Urban Decay product.


The design of the Naked 3 palette

I'm completely impressed with this unique design, it comes in a rosegold can with a waved lid on that is written 'Naked 3 URBAN DECAY' in golden letters, looking completely glamorous and graceful.
The palette also comes with four sample pods of Urban Decay eyeshadow primer in the colours 'original', 'eden', 'sin' and 'anti-aging'.
Opening the can you see the twelve different eyeshadows (12 x 1.3g / 12 x 0.05oz) and a crease and shadow brush for their application. On the inside of the can is a mirror.

The shades of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette

Starting with the light shades you see a consistently change to dark shades. On the packaging it says 'From the palest, shimmery pink to the deepest black matte with red micro-glitter.'
Let's take a closer look at the different colours:
Strange - a light rose-hued colour, suited to highlight your eye-makeup under your eyebrows
Dust - a light shimmery and metallic rose tone
Burnout - a light mixture of pink and brown, slightly gleaming
Limit - a matt dusky pink tone
Buzz - a metallic pink tone with some silver-glitter
Trick - a light, shimmery mixture of pink and bronze
Nooner - a matt shade based on the colour mixture of Limit but darker
Liar - a shimmery brown tone with a light touch of rose colour
Factory - a light metallic brown, a little bit darker as Liar
Mugshot - a taupe-hued shade with a light shimmer
Darkside -  a light shimmery mixture of brown and grey
Blackheart - a dark, smokey black shade with red sparkles

Here I have to admit, that the shades are so light, especially those of the first half, that it was really hard to take an approximately good picture.

My opinion on the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette

From my point of view, I adore these rosegold colours, giving everything this glamorous appearance. 
With this palette you can be completely creative either with your everyday eye-makeup or your evening eye-makeup.
Applying the lighter shades to your eyes you can create a nude, warm and decent look whereas you can use the darker shades to create a smokey night-out look having still the chance to lighten it up with a rose-hued shade. 

Concerning pigmentation I have to say, that I'm complety fine with it. Even if the shades should last without primer, I prefer anyhow to use an eyeshadow base on my lids. At the end of the day, I will not find the eyeshadow in my crease. Let's be on the safe side of life. ;-)
The crease and shadow brush does a really good job. It is so soft and applys the eyeshadow so easily to your lids. Even if you are not professional using makeup brushes, you get a good feeling with it to apply your eye-makeup.

Since I have neither the Naked 1 nor the Naked 2 palette I cannot compare all three ones, but my expectation is, that the pigmentation quality is the same. Let's write 'buy Naked 1 and Naked 2' on the To-Do-list. ;-)

To sum it up:
The palette includes rose- and brown-hued colours to create your eye-makeup for everyday or date nights. Sadly, I think that some colours are very similar, limiting your creativity combining different shades for an individual look. Anyhow, I would completley recommend the eyeshadow palette to everybody. It's a wonderful combination of nude and neutral colours.

Do you have any Urban Decay Naked palettes or dou you want to buy them?

Kisses,
Van

No comments:

Post a Comment